October 5, 2005

Richard Owen Roberts Sermons

When I think about what it must have been like to sit under the preaching of the Puritans, I think that Richard Owen Roberts provides an example. I heard him several times while at Criswell College, and one senses the Holiness of God being conveyed through Roberts' sermons. I even had the priviledge of having lunch with him one day with Dr. Alan Streett and his son Daniel Streett. I recall Richard Roberts recommending the works of Thomas Manton and Stephen Charnock, two outstanding Puritan authors.

Here is a link to several sermons and videos of Richard Owen Roberts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with your comment on Richard Owen Roberts. The Holiness of God is sensed during his preaching. Received a letter from him that was most blessed. This letter was in response to one i wrote to him asking several questions.

I know this comment of yours was from 2005, but still relevant for today.